Natalie’s background started in teaching whilst she was living in South East Asia. She returned to the UK and moved into the Conservation sector where she has been for most of her working life. As a natural empath, Natalie had been massaging friends and family intuitively for many years before being nudged into changing her career, taking her professional massage qualifications and she hasn’t looked back. Natalie specialises in Swedish Massage and Deep Tissue Massage.
Natalie says: “As Therapists, we are not the healers, the body is the healer. We are just the facilitators that remind the body how to fix itself. Body work is very rewarding and to me, there is no better job than helping people to feel better, be that physically or psychologically. It doesn’t matter which, as both are connected and equally important. Massage is not a luxury. Massage is maintenance”
Holistic Swedish & Deep Tissue Massage
Based in Trefeglwys and Llanidloes
Contact Natalie: 07599 628158
Check out Natalie's webpage
Connect on Facebook
What is a Holistic Swedish Massage?
Swedish Massage is the best-known type of bodywork performed today and one of the primary goals of the Swedish massage technique is to relax the entire body and mind. The word ‘holistic’ means treating the whole person. Not just the presenting condition but all conditions which may or may not appear.
Swedish massage is exceptionally beneficial for stimulating circulation and releasing tight muscles. It increases blood supply and nutrition to the muscles and improves circulation, nutrition of joints and muscle tone. It incorporates active and passive movements of the joints to help restore range of motion along with manual lymphatic drainage techniques to assist the immune system and reduce water retention. Swedish Massage reduces pain, tension, stress, anxiety and aids sleep. A total relax for the mind, body and soul.
What is Deep Tissue ?
Pretty much what it says on the tin. Deep Tissue massage is a specific type of massage therapy that concentrates on the deep layers of muscle and fascia (connective tissue) in the body. As Deep Tissue Massage is all about working with the layers, it starts by softening the superficial (surface) layers first and moving slowly into the deeper layers. Deep Tissue can help with :
• Reducing chronic pain: Deep tissue massage is commonly used to release long term or chronic muscle pain and restriction
• Improving blood pressure : Deep Tissue massage can help ease stress and tension which can have a beneficial effect on blood pressure.
• Breaking up scar tissue : Over time, deep tissue massage therapy can help break up and eventually erase scar tissue.
• Improving flexibility and suppleness : by working on muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints regular massage can improve your flexibility and range of motion, keeping joints more fluid and making then less injury prone.
• Stress relief : For people who suffer from chronic stress, deep tissue massage can provide relief as it reduces stress hormone levels and heart rate while boosting mood and relaxation.
My appointments are 1 hour/£40 (plus consultation) for either type of massage. If you want a longer treatment and/or have a specific problem area you want extra work on, you have the option to add on 15 minutes blocks at £10 each.
Appointments are Monday to Saturday any time of day to suit you. My latest evening appointment is 7pm. Treatment rooms available in Trefeglwys or in Llanidloes (with Denis McTurk) and I am also fully insured with the Federation of Holistic Therapists.
To book an appointment, please contact me, Natalie Dove.